Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hampton Senior Returns from Job Interview

By: Matthew A. White



HAMPTON- Senior Broadcast Journalism Major Anneette Peagler just returend from a promising job interview with the Scripps TV Networks.

"This is a once in a lifetime oppotunity," said Peagler. "I've been blessed to be considered for this prestigious program. If I'm selected I'll spend the next two years in Cincinnati."

The Apprenticeship Program is a salary paying position that explores every aspect of the news for the first year, web, photography, reporting and media sales. After that initial year in the program, participants will be placed in a position for one year. Upon completeing the program Scripps will assign the reporter to a Scripps affiliate TV station.

This program is designed by the Scripps corporate office to fast track young promising reporters to the newsroom and give them a quick start into the industry.

"Scripps paid to fly me to Cincinnati, where I met with seven department heads who went over my resume, package tape and looked at the work that I had completed the yaer before at my previous internship at WCPO -TV," said Peagler.

If selected Peagler will be another success story that has come out of the 10 year, 15 million dollar partnership between Hampton University and the Scripps Howard Foundation, which is committed to developing minority journalists.

No comments: